By Graham Tipple,Kenneth G. Tipple
Read or Download Housing the Poor in the Developing World: Methods of Analysis, Case Studies and Policy PDF
Best human geography books
Extensively considered as the authoritative textual content on improvement geography, this quantity examines the character and reasons of world inequality and severely analyzes modern methods to financial improvement around the 3rd global. scholars achieve a deeper figuring out of the interacting dynamics of tradition, gender, race, and sophistication; biophysical elements, reminiscent of weather, inhabitants, and ordinary assets; and monetary and political processes—all of that have ended in the present-day disparities among the 1st and 3rd worlds.
Incapacity Incarcerated gathers 13 contributions from a magnificent array of fields. Taken jointly, those essays assert complicated realizing of incapacity is essential to an figuring out of incarceration, and that we needs to extend what has turn out to be referred to as 'incarceration. ' The chapters during this publication study a bunch of websites, akin to prisons, associations for individuals with developmental disabilities, psychiatric hospitals, remedy facilities, designated schooling, detention facilities, and crew houses; discover why numerous websites could be understood as incarceration; and speak about the reasons and results of those websites traditionally and at present.
Definite weird and wonderful areas, the place disruption or disarray rule, depart us estranged and 'out of place'. This publication examines such areas, highlighting the emotional and mediated geographies of uncertainty and the nation of being 'in-between'; of cognitive displacement, loss, worry, or excitement. It expands on why house is usually estranging and for whom it's unusual.
Greenwashing tradition examines the complicity of culture with our environmental obstacle. via its personal carbon footprint, the merchandising of image-friendly environmental credentials for celebrities, and the collectively helpful engagement with significant polluters, Toby Miller argues that tradition has turn into an enabler of environmental criminals to win over neighborhood, nationwide, and overseas groups.
- Städtische Transformationsprozesse in Mittel- und Osteuropa: Stadtentwicklung zwischen Wachstum und Schrumpfung am Beispiel von Łódź und Gdańsk (RaumFragen: ... – Region – Landschaft) (German Edition)
- Environmental Impact of Energy Strategies Within the EEC: A Report Prepared for the Environment and Consumer Protection, Service of the Commission of the European Communities
- Fear: Critical Geopolitics and Everyday Life (Re-materialising Cultural Geography)
- Beyond the Biophysical: Knowledge, Culture, and Power in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- Making Space on the Western Frontier: Mormons, Miners, and Southern Paiutes
- Housing & Soc Change Eur/Usa
Additional info for Housing the Poor in the Developing World: Methods of Analysis, Case Studies and Policy