By William York
Early clinical practices are usually not only a ancient interest, yet actual tales approximately humans and overall healthiness which could educate us a lot concerning the twenty first century. This exciting quantity deals a comparative exam of early medication and future health care in areas as various as old Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, India, China, the Islamic international, and medieval Europe.
• Excerpts from major unique texts to demonstrate the ideas discussed
• Illustrations drawn from many various historic and medieval cultures portraying well-being care companies and the remedy of patients
• images depicting clinical tools and medicinal herbs
• A bibliography that places specific emphasis on picking out English-language translations of unique records if you wish to learn the first fabrics themselves
Read Online or Download Health and Wellness in Antiquity through the Middle Ages (Health and Wellness in Daily Life) PDF
Similar ancient history books
George Rawlinson (1812 – 1902) used to be an English student, theologian, and historian. This ebook comprises the next chapters:I. RehoboamII. JeroboamIII. AbijahIV. AsaV. BaashaVI. ElahVII. ZimriVIII. OmriIX. AhabX. JehosaphatXI. Ahaziah of IsraelXII. AhaziahXIII. Jehoram of JudahXIV. Ahaziah of JudahXV.
Where of Pontius Pilate in background is guaranteed. He has been a determine of controversy from the day he handed the sentence of loss of life by means of crucifixion of Jesus Christ. used to be he a guy stuck in a political nightmare, created by means of the contributors of the Jewish Sanhedrin, who have been persecutors of Jesus and made up our minds to determine him accomplished?
The USA has set a deadly platform for Blacks and Latinos, this platform is camouflaged via leisure and Christianity. The Popes of Rome were retaining a mystery handed down by way of there forefathers.
The common heritage (Patmut),iwn tiezerakan) of Step),anos Tarōnec),i is a historical past of the area in 3 books, composed via the Armenian student on the finish of the 10th century and increasing from the period of Abraham to the flip of the 1st millennium. It used to be accomplished in 1004/5 CE, at a time whilst the Byzantine Empire used to be increasing eastwards around the districts of ancient Armenia and difficult key points of Armenian id.
- The Battle of Marathon in Scholarship: Research, Theories and Controversies Since 1850
- Der lange Weg Thrakiens zur römischen Provinz (German Edition)
- Keltische Viereckschanzen, vorgeschichtliche Kult- und Opferplätze?: Argumente Pro und Kontra (German Edition)
- Literarische Texte aus Ur: Kollationen und Kommentare zu UET 6/1-2 (Untersuchungen Zur Assyriologie Und Vorderasiatischen Archao) (German Edition)
Extra info for Health and Wellness in Antiquity through the Middle Ages (Health and Wellness in Daily Life)