By Merje Kuus
Geopolitics and Expertise is an in-depth exploration of the way specialist wisdom is created and exercised within the exterior family members equipment of the ecu Union.
- Provides a unprecedented, full-length paintings on transnational diplomatic practice
- Based on a rigorous and empirical research, regarding over a hundred interviews with coverage execs over seven years
- Focuses at the qualitative and contextual, instead of the quantitative and uniform
- Moves past conventional political technological know-how to mix human geography, diplomacy, anthropology, and sociology
Read or Download Geopolitics and Expertise: Knowledge and Authority in European Diplomacy (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best international law books
The knowledge society is a key factor in way of life and a phenomenon enc- passing social, cultural, financial, and criminal facettes. at present, a knowledge society’s felony framework is progressively crystallizing below the newly brought time period of “Internet governance”. over the past few years, in depth discussions concerning the contents of web governance have addressed manifold facets of a potential regulatory regime.
During this very important research David Armstrong examines the influence of progressive states at the overseas method. those states have consistently posed significant difficulties for the success of worldwide order: revolution is frequently observed by way of overseas in addition to civil clash, whereas innovative doctrines have confirmed to be hugely disruptive of the present constitution of foreign politics.
Foreign enterprise Contracting is designed to coach company and legislations scholars how foreign company contracts are based and drafted. After a number of introductory chapters on foreign company, criminal matters, and agreement legislation, the fabric walks the reader via a sequence of agreements among fictional companies—one an American corporation, the opposite a enterprise situated in a eu civil legislations nation.
From the torture of detainees at Abu Ghraib to pointless army assaults on civilians, this e-book is an account of the violations of foreign felony legislation devoted through the usa invasion of Iraq. Taking inventory of the full warfare, it uniquely files the overestimation of the successes and underestimation of the flaws of the Surge and Awakening guidelines.
- International Organizations (The Library of Essays in International Law)
- Is the Vienna Convention on international sale of goods too much influenced by civil law and should it contain a rule on the passing of property?
- Traditions of War: Occupation, Resistance and the Law: Occupation, Resistance, and the Law
- A Handbook on the GATS Agreement: A WTO Secretariat Publication
Additional resources for Geopolitics and Expertise: Knowledge and Authority in European Diplomacy (RGS-IBG Book Series)