By Freda Harcourt,Sarah Palmer
Flagships of Imperialism can be of curiosity to move and corporate historians and to historians of the British empire alike, in addition to to somebody attracted to the heritage of British ships and delivery within the 19th century.
Read or Download Flagships of Imperialism: The P&O Company and the Politics of Empire From Its Origins to 1867 (Studies in Imperialism MUP) PDF
Similar ships books
Operating from New Orleans to St. Louis in the summertime of 1870, the race among the Robert E. Lee and the Natchez is still the world’s most famed steamboat race. This ebook tells the tale of the dramatic contest, which was once received by means of the stripped-down, cargoless Robert E. Lee after 3 days, 18 hours, and 14 mins of steaming via day, evening and fog.
As well as port safeguard, send inspection and security, legislations enforcement, and seek and rescue, the U. S. Coast shield assumes a massive position in nationwide safety at domestic and in a foreign country. therefore, the Coast defend has conducted separate and coordinated missions with different defense force from the nice Lakes to the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, Mediterranean, Persian Gulf, and North Polar area.
Robert Fulton outfitted the world�s first commercially profitable steamboat in 1807, however it was once no longer till after the struggle of 1812 that those vessels entered provider alongside the manhattan Sound. For 127 years, among 1815 and 1942, steamboats supplied a hyperlink among manhattan and towns in southern New England, tremendously decreasing trip time.
A desirable reassessment of a turning aspect within the First international conflict, revealing its function in shaping the German psyche On could 7, 1915, the Lusitania, a wide British luxurious liner, used to be sunk via a German submarine off the Irish coast. approximately 1,200 humans, together with 128 americans, misplaced their lives.
- Chenango Canal: The Million Dollar Ditch (Images of America)
- Ships from the Depths: Deepwater Archaeology (Ed Rachal Foundation Nautical Archaeology Series)
- Oceans Odyssey: Deep-Sea Shipwrecks in the English Channel, the Straits of Gibraltar and the Atlantic Ocean (ODYSSEY MARINE EXPLORATION REPORTS)
- Notes on Instrumentation and Control (Marine Engineering Series)
- The Maritime Engineering Reference Book: A Guide to Ship Design, Construction and Operation
- RESPEKT: 150 Jahre Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger 1865-2015 (German Edition)
Extra resources for Flagships of Imperialism: The P&O Company and the Politics of Empire From Its Origins to 1867 (Studies in Imperialism MUP)