By William B. White,David C. Culver
Encyclopedia of Caves is a self-contained, fantastically illustrated paintings devoted to caves and their exact environments. It contains greater than a hundred entire articles from prime students and explorers in 15 various nations. each one access is certain and scientifically sound, but obtainable for college kids and non-scientists. This large-format reference is enchanced with 1000s of full-color images, maps, and drawings from the authors' personal paintings, which supply exact photographs of the underground surroundings.
- Global in reach--authors are a world workforce of specialists masking caves from round the world
- Includes 24 new articles commissioned particularly for this second variation
- Articles comprise large bibliographies cross-referencing comparable essays
- Hundreds of colour photos, maps, charts and illustrations of cave good points and biota
- A-Z series and a finished index permit for simple position of themes
- Glossary provides definitions of all key vocabulary items
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Caves PDF
Best earth sciences books
Geographical Weighted Regression (GWR) is a brand new neighborhood modelling approach for analysing spatial research. this system permits neighborhood in preference to international types of relationships to be measured and mapped. this can be the 1st and merely e-book in this method, delivering accomplished assurance in this new 'hot' subject in spatial research.
The forged Earth is a normal advent to the research of the physics of the forged Earth, together with the workings of either the Earth's floor and its deep inside. The emphasis all through is on uncomplicated actual rules instead of instrumentation or info dealing with. the second one version of this acclaimed textbook has been revised to deliver the content material absolutely updated and to mirror the latest advances in geophysical examine.
This ebook introduces a extensively spatialised method of wisdom production and innovation. Reflecting on an array of ecu city and local advancements, it bargains an up to date idea of milieu because the conceptual and fabric area of information and innovation based on the interpretative flip in social sciences and arts.
Stormwater Modeling provides the basics of deterministic, parametric, and stochastic stormwater modeling. it truly is assumed that the reader or pupil can have a uncomplicated heritage in technology or engineering; even though, the authors are of the opinion that you'll with ease learn and comprehend this treatise with a primary wisdom of calculus and differential equations.
- Salt Intrusion, Tides and Mixing in Multi-Channel Estuaries: PhD: UNESCO-IHE Institute, Delft
- The Open Sea: The World of Plankton (Collins New Naturalist Library, Book 34)
- A History of the County of Pictou, Nova Scotia
- Instant OpenLayers Starter
- An Uncooperative Commodity: Privatizing Water in England and Wales (Oxford Geographical and Environmental Studies Series)
- Introduction to the Mathematics of Inversion in Remote Sensing and Indirect Measurements
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Caves