By Colin A. Whiteman
- Wide ranging geographical insurance (the Americas, Asia, Australasia, Antarctic & Europe)
- Localised risks (avalanches, existence storms, landslides) contrasted to these with wider attaining results (arctic ice loss, ice sheet retreat and vast unfold permafrost decay)
- Includes the most recent advancements within the box
- Each bankruptcy comprises risks evaluate, summery, conclusions, power initiatives workout and key references
- Includes a supplementary web site with figures from the textual content and extra references
- Each bankruptcy incorporates a dangers assessment, precis, conclusions, capability initiatives workout and key references
Read or Download Cold Region Hazards and Risks PDF
Similar earth sciences books
Geographical Weighted Regression (GWR) is a brand new neighborhood modelling process for analysing spatial research. this system permits neighborhood instead of worldwide versions of relationships to be measured and mapped. this is often the 1st and in simple terms booklet in this process, delivering finished insurance in this new 'hot' subject in spatial research.
The forged Earth is a normal advent to the research of the physics of the forged Earth, together with the workings of either the Earth's floor and its deep inside. The emphasis all through is on uncomplicated actual ideas instead of instrumentation or information dealing with. the second one variation of this acclaimed textbook has been revised to carry the content material absolutely updated and to mirror the latest advances in geophysical study.
This booklet introduces a extensively spatialised method of wisdom construction and innovation. Reflecting on an array of ecu city and neighborhood advancements, it bargains an up-to-date proposal of milieu because the conceptual and fabric area of information and innovation according to the interpretative flip in social sciences and arts.
Stormwater Modeling provides the basics of deterministic, parametric, and stochastic stormwater modeling. it truly is assumed that the reader or scholar can have a uncomplicated history in technological know-how or engineering; besides the fact that, the authors are of the opinion that possible conveniently learn and comprehend this treatise with a basic wisdom of calculus and differential equations.
- Travellers, Intellectuals, and the World Beyond Medieval Europe (The Expansion of Latin Europe, 1000-1500)
- Active Geophysical Monitoring: 40 (Handbook of Geophysical Exploration: Seismic Exploration)
- The Evolution of Matter: From the Big Bang to the Present Day
- Geophysical Field Theory and Method, Part A: Gravitational, Electric, and Magnetic Fields: 49 (International Geophysics)
- Contentious Geographies: Environmental Knowledge, Meaning, Scale (Ashgate Studies in Environmental Policy and Practice)
Extra resources for Cold Region Hazards and Risks