By Cilli Sobiech
Read or Download Agent-Based Simulation of Vulnerability Dynamics: A Case Study of the German North Sea Coast (Springer Theses) PDF
Similar human geography books
Generally considered as the authoritative textual content on improvement geography, this quantity examines the character and explanations of worldwide inequality and severely analyzes modern ways to fiscal improvement around the 3rd global. scholars achieve a deeper knowing of the interacting dynamics of tradition, gender, race, and sophistication; biophysical components, comparable to weather, inhabitants, and typical assets; and monetary and political processes—all of that have ended in the present-day disparities among the 1st and 3rd worlds.
Incapacity Incarcerated gathers 13 contributions from a powerful array of fields. Taken jointly, those essays assert advanced realizing of incapacity is essential to an knowing of incarceration, and that we needs to extend what has become referred to as 'incarceration. ' The chapters during this booklet research a bunch of web sites, comparable to prisons, associations for individuals with developmental disabilities, psychiatric hospitals, therapy facilities, specific schooling, detention facilities, and team houses; discover why quite a few websites might be understood as incarceration; and speak about the motives and results of those websites traditionally and presently.
Convinced extraordinary areas, the place disruption or disarray rule, go away us estranged and 'out of place'. This publication examines such areas, highlighting the emotional and mediated geographies of uncertainty and the kingdom of being 'in-between'; of cognitive displacement, loss, worry, or excitement. It expands on why house is typically estranging and for whom it's unusual.
Greenwashing tradition examines the complicity of culture with our environmental main issue. via its personal carbon footprint, the merchandising of image-friendly environmental credentials for celebrities, and the jointly precious engagement with vast polluters, Toby Miller argues that tradition has develop into an enabler of environmental criminals to win over neighborhood, nationwide, and overseas groups.
- Spectral Spaces and Hauntings: The Affects of Absence (Routledge Research in Cultural and Media Studies)
- Ergebnisse von Maßnahmen zur Eindämmung von Desertifikation im Indus-Tiefland (German Edition)
- Reconstructing Nature: Alienation, Emancipation and the Division of Labour (International Library of Sociology)
- Power of the Talking Stick: Indigenous Politics and the World Ecological Crisis
- Island Tourism and Sustainable Development: Caribbean, Pacific, and Mediterranean Experiences: Caribbean, Pacific and Mediterranean Experiences
- Heritage, Conservation and Communities: Engagement, participation and capacity building (Heritage, Culture and Identity)
Extra resources for Agent-Based Simulation of Vulnerability Dynamics: A Case Study of the German North Sea Coast (Springer Theses)